Four Steps to Grow Your Healthcare Practice in 2022
Competition is fierce in 2022, making it difficult to grow your healthcare practice by attracting and retaining new patients. Your website and digital strategy are as important as they have ever been; if you haven’t made updates recently, now is the time. At DLM, we make it simple for our clients to stay ahead. Take a look at these four steps to help your practice grow.
Your website should serve as a hub for your business, offering your patients key information about your practice. It should also drive new patients to your practice when people in your area Google the treatments you provide or conditions you focus on. If you haven’t spent too much time on your website or it’s been a while since you updated it, 2022 is the time to make changes. Some factors to focus on include:
- SEO-friendly content: Clear titles, descriptive and engaging writing, and up-to-date pages and blogs are great for patients and Google alike.
- Mobile-responsive pages: With more people than ever using their phones and tablets to access the internet, your site must be easy to use on smaller devices.
- Quick site speed: Google favors sites with faster load times, so this is key for your SEO.
- Professional, modern, and cohesive branding: Your patients will appreciate an updated look that shows who you are before they even walk through the door of your practice.
- Calls to action: Encourage patients to schedule appointments through clear CTAs.
Your online reputation is everything. Just as you would read reviews before visiting a restaurant or making a purchase, patients are reading reviews to choose their doctors, dentists, or estheticians. Reputation management is key to making sure your new patients see the most positive side of you and your practice. Take steps like:
- Claiming and auditing your Google My Business listing.
- Ask patients to add their own reviews, either in person or through email automations.
- Reply to negative reviews as quickly as possible.
- Keep track of reviews across multiple platforms using DLM Review.
Surveys and studies have found that patients prefer digital communications and options in increasing numbers. To keep your current patients happy with their experiences and new patients coming through the door, it’s best to digitize as much as possible. Making these changes can also make things easier for your administrative staff, streamlining their jobs and helping you retain employees. Implement options like:
- Online scheduling for new or returning patients.
- Appointment reminders through automated emails or AI text messages.
- Telehealth appointment options for busy or out-of-town patients.
- Digital payment options and invoices.
- Intake forms are available on your site.
As you make changes to your digital strategy, it’s important to track your progress to keep tabs on what works and what doesn’t. Some key metrics you may want to watch might include appointment volume, the number of new patients, reviews, traffic to your website, and call volume.
DLM Insight is our proprietary software that helps practices, and their marketing specialists, keep track of their progress. DLM Insight reports on things like lead and call volume, campaign success, lead response, ROI, traffic, and search result rankings so it’s easy to see how you’re doing overtime. Using DLM Insight, it’s easy for us to be transparent with clients about their progress and successes and find room for improvement.
Ready to update your site and digital marketing strategy? Let’s talk. Call Digital Limelight Media at (616) 222-3735 or contact us online to get started.