Is Print Media Dead In 2022?
Print media has been around for hundreds of years thanks to the invention of the printing press around 1436. Over the next 600 years, print media has developed as a primary source of news in the form of newspapers, magazines, books, posters, billboards, and other printed materials. However, there has been a recent shift in the popularity of print media due to the growing popularity of digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. While more and more people are consuming information electronically, print media is still relevant, and even has some distinct advantages over digital media. Read on to learn more about how print media can still benefit your business.
While some marketing companies may feel that print media is no longer useful, it still has much to offer businesses. The greatest benefits print media offer include:
Printed materials have a long lifespan if they are well-made and stored correctly, so businesses can continue to realize the benefits of their print campaigns long after they have ended. Also, print mediums may stand out from other forms of marketing as people increasingly go paperless.
Print media often carries more weight than digital information which can often be published by anyone online without any accountability. It also creates a more personal connection between the writer and the reader and can be read at a slower pace for full mental absorption. Additionally, print media is a lasting record, unlike digital media which can easily be changed or erased.
Print is also more personal since a person is more likely to remember something they have seen in print than information they have read online. There is something to be said about holding a newspaper or magazine in your hands that makes this tactile experience, which is something that digital platforms cannot offer.
Digital platforms can be expensive, particularly if you would like to subscribe to multiple services. Print media is very affordable, saving your company money in the long run.
Overall, print is still a viable marketing strategy for businesses looking to reach a wider audience or develop long-term relationships with customers.
When creating a print media campaign, there is no one-size-fits strategy, as success will depend on the product or service being advertised, the target audience, and the campaign’s unique goals. However, there are some general tips to help you get started.
- Begin with a clear goal: Start off by identifying what exactly you are trying to achieve with your campaign. This will help you to take the proper steps to tailor your campaign accordingly.
- Know your target audience: Create your campaign to appeal to your target audience, or who is most likely to purchase your product or service.
- Create well-designed ads: Eye-catching and professional-looking designs are key to enticing potential customers and boosting your brand’s reputation.
- Prepare: Give yourself enough time to create your ads and a strong campaign plan.
- Measure campaign results: Once your campaign is complete, take a look at the number to get an idea of how successful it was. This step will help you to fine-tune your strategy for the future.
If you are interested in implementing quality print media in your marketing strategy, our team at DLM can help from the early planning stages through to measuring campaign results with DLM Insight. Give us a call today at 616-222-3735 or fill out our online form to schedule a time to talk.